Tod H. Mikuriya, M.D.
- Editor of Cannabis: Collected Clinical Papers
- Volume One: Marijuana: Medical Papers, 1839-1972
Tod H. Mikuriya, M.D., is a graduate of Reed College, Portland, Oregon, and Temple University Medical School, Philadelphia. He served a rotating internship at Southern Pacific General Hospital, San Francisco. He specialized in psychiatry at the Oregon State Hospital in Salem and completed his training at Mendocino State Hospital. His status is "eligible" by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology. He is certified in biofeedback by the American Association of Biofeedback Clinicians.
In private medical psychiatric consultative practice in Berkeley and the East Bay, he was an attending psychiatrist at Gladman Hospital from 1970 until 1991.
- Chair 1993-94 of the Department of Psychiatry, Eden Medical Center, Castro Valley, and attending psychiatrist at Laurel Grove, Vencor, Alameda County Medical Center, and San Leandro Hospitals until 2000.
- On the staff at Kindred Hospital San Leandro.
- Director of the Drug Abuse Treatment Center at the New Jersey Neuropsychiatric Institute, Skillman, NJ before appointment as director of non-classified marijuana research for the National Institute of Mental Health Center for Narcotics and Drug Abuse Studies.
- A planner for Project Eden community drug abuse treatment program he set up the first methadone maintenance program in Alameda County.
- Member of the California Medical Association, American Psychiatric Association (Life Member), American Society of Addiction Medicine, California Society of Addiction Medicine (certified Addiction Medicine Specialist and Medical Review Officer) and the Alameda-Contra Costa Medical Association, he served on the ACCMA Chemical Addictions Committee.
- Member, Biofeedback Society of California
- Member, Association for Advancement of Behavior Therapy
- Member, The International Society for the Study of Subtle Energies and Energy Medicine
- Member, Mensa
- Member, International Cannabinoid Research Society.
- Member, International Association of Cannabis as Medicine
- Medical Coordinator for California Cannabis Centers.
- Author of Oakland Buyers' Cooperative Protocols
- Member, Medical Marijuana Work Group, City of Oakland 8/96
- Member, Medical Marijuana Task Force, California Society for Addiction Medicine and California Medical Association 4/20/97
- Member, Advisory Board: Journal of Cannabis Therapeutics 2000
- President, California Cannabis Research Medical Group 1999
Dr. Mikuriya is the editor and author of numerous papers on therapeutic cannabis and drug control policy. The most recent: "Medicinal Uses of Cannabis at a Buyers' Club: A Pilot Study," 12/94, Internet 2/96. He is the editor and publisher of Indian Hemp Drugs Report Centennial Volume I: Policy, Social and Religious Customs (Last Gasp Press, San Francisco, 1994). Mikuriya is a coauthor of Marijuana Medical Handbook: A Guide to Therapeutic Use, Ed Rosenthal, Tod Mikuriya, M.D., and Dale Gieringer (Quick American Archives, Oakland, 1997).
Order Information / Book
List / Blue Dolphin Home Page